Palm Oil

Rachael_Astro

Palm oil has been washed up on Trearddur Bay beach in Anglesey, however I've heard about it being found at other places on the North Wales coastline. Palm oil is fatal to dogs so if you live around here, keep your dog/s off the beach!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Isn't that the stuff in Nutella that people were talking about recently on the internet? [emoji20]

I'm not sure about that I haven't read about Nutella, but Palm oil plantations kill more elephants etc than poachers! Lots of orangutangs have died or been orphaned too, they burn down huge areas of trees and replace them with the trees they get Palm oil from, and they poison animals to keep them away from the trees! It's found in most peanut butters (apart from Whole Earth and Meridian), soap, chocolate, ice cream etc

And remember some peanut butters has palm oil in which also contains Xylitol.. this is lethal to dogs.

Try and save the Borneo and Simon transfer Orange Utans' habitat and not buy peanut butter developed/manufactured with palm oil grown in these areas. This is very close to my heart as I grew up with nearly 50 orphaned orangs over eight years... in my teens.
[emoji21][emoji22][emoji24]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

And remember some peanut butters has palm oil in which also contains Xylitol.. this is lethal to dogs.

Do you know any specific brands that contain xylitol as I checked them all out in Sainsbury's etc... and couldn't find a single one with xylitol listed (which is obviously a good thing) I've heard that it's mainly the brands found in health food shops (not checked in holland and Barrett yet though to see. If this true) but I was also wondering if maybe the xylitol could be listed as something else? Not sure how though.

Archived