Early surprise

SimkasMom

Good evening all! Simka here barking that I hope everyone is haveing a fun and safe winter!  In Maine, we have LOTS of snow. Mommy had to have our roof shoveled off twice to make sure our house would not fall in!!  We sure will be glad when the warmer weather comes!  There is so much ice over at Grizz Lees house that the boys have spent alot of time indoors, safe from slipping and falling. BlueDog had a bad slip a while back :(  Well, 3 big dogs stuck inside the house is not a good thing.  The boys have cabin fever bad. AND this past week they have been really frisky for sneakers. Their hidden nike stash is covered over with snow so they cannot get to it :(  So Grizz Lees mommies friend Linda went over this afternoon to watch them tonight. So she came in and the boys greeted her, and checked out her shoes. Crummy boots, Hmmph!  She got past all the boys and went upstairs to put her stuff in the guestroom. Well, when she came back downstairs, the boys could not believe their eyes and noses:

A64876B3-3168-43D2-876E-0B6FD5FE8CF4_zps

Brand new white leather nikes??!!!  As the boys all crowded around to have a taste, Linda said that she brought them for an early surprise for the boys to enjoy and hopefully would tide them over until spring.  Wow!!!  Well, the boys went totally bonkers and followed her over to the recliner where they layed at her feet and chewed on those yummy nikes.  As you can see, it did not take them long to steal one off:

3DCEA34F-02A3-4E62-AD50-3B4DA22102E6_zps

Once they wrestled it off, they ran off with it down to the basement.  After a little while, Linda hobbled down there with her one slobbery nike still on.  She looked around and heard wet slurping and growling coming from one of the rooms.  She went in and saw the boys all hiding under a big blanket and enjoying her nike.  She caught a glimpse of it in Bluedogs mouth before disappearing under the blanket again.  Rusty popped his head out and tried to tug the other nike off her foot, but she hobbled back upstairs just in time:

5B502043-FCD7-400F-8303-A67188E1CCEC_zps

Well, Linda was just talking to mommy on the phone when she heard a commotion.  I guess she could hear the boys running upstairs for the livingroom.  I am not a betting dog, but I would bet that they are heading up to chew that other nike off her foot!  Wow, Linda is a sooooper cool human!  Sounds like the boys sure are having an awesome time!  Well, I guess thats it for now.  I will let you know later if they got the other nike or not!

Simka

Good evening all!  Simka here with  an update before I call it a night. So from what I hear, the boys claimed Linda's other delicious new nike and they enjoyed both sneakers all night!  However, the boys were not too naughty and let Linda have them back the following morning to wear back home ( although they were REALLY chewed and slobbery!) Im not sure if that will tide them over until summer, or if it just made them hungry for more! Yikes! :)  Well, we will see! Good night all!

Simka

Archived