My pup has terrible gas after I give him peanut butter! Is this common?

Does anyone else deal with this apparent sensitivity to peanut butter with their husky? Could it be because he is still a puppy? I can't imagine a dog's life without peanut butter! [emoji44] He does love it so much, and I only give him so very little as it is! a904fb0779e9db681fd71f114b18258d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Alpha does it if he has to much 2 tablespoons, and he farts his way around instead of walking..LOL so I reduce it to just the minimum and only use it on their frozen kongs or when tablets need to be given...

Peanuts are harder to digest, I would imagine slightly more so for a younger digestive system which might account for the stinky bum waste gasses. Ice would get runny poop over pretty much anything or everything when he was younger as he was ultra sensitive but now as an adult he's pretty much ok most of the time. We still joke about his night time emissions though. You'd be lieing there and suddenly you'd here "pffffft" and you just knew that a few seconds later your nostrils would be assaulted, lol.
One thing worth mentioning though is to check that the peanut butter doesn't contain the added sweetener xylitol as that is not good for our furry friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

• 3 months later...

Archived