Manty-hose

Dunc

Pantyhose for guys

Read with Meryl Streep Dutch accent; squint eyes for soft-focus.

I had a ranch in Oregon.

For facts' sake, I didn't so much have a ranch as visit one. It was winter and it was cold and a group of us were in the tack room bundling up for a ride on the range, feeling all Annie Oakley, when one woman tapped my shoulder and pointed to the backside of a certain buckaroo. It wasn't because he looked so cute in his chaps. Rather, there was, sticking out the top of the waistband of his Wranglers, something familiar, and yet, rather strange: Pantyhose. Seriously. He was an honest-to-goodness cowboy at home, home on the range wearing his wife's beige-colored, one-piece, tights-plus-panties.

He said lot of cowboys wore them for warmth - and not because they liked the way the control tops kept their buckaroos high.

There's a whole fashion movement called e-MAN-cipate to "accelerate the acceptance of male pantyhose as regular clothing item." Depends on how you define regular. The site features photos of men wearing hiking shorts, cut-off jeans and knee-length cargo pants with man tights. It's true that pantyhose are not gender specific. Women have legs. Men have legs.

The thing is, how many women think, "Yippee! I get to tug on a pair of pantyhose!"