Facebook Gone Weird N Was Told Laptop Is Slow

Alicia Doyle

What laptop is it? Have you tried clearing it out? I use superantispyware (free edition) and CCleaner on a weekly basis on my laptop. Also worth looking through is the programmes and features section, look up on google what things are and if they're not needed then delete them off the laptop....but be really careful or you might end up deleting something important, lol. On your browser itself you can also check the extensions and see if somethings been added there that's causing issues, It might be worth also checking to see if anything needs updating. But I know that Facebook can be a bit weird like Liv said sometimes. I guess it depends on how the website is devised and how it runs. But that is waaaay beyond anything I understand, lol.

Basically, look up your own laptop on Google :up: There should be a whole list of specs there that can help IT-fluent people to work out how good your device is exactly.

EDIT: Emma is talking about the possibility of a virus in your computer. That's why you need anti-spyware and all its expensive friends. But sometimes even the cleanest laptop can be slow. Because, well... it is :shrug: how old is the thing? I gave my last laptop away to my uncle at its fifth year. By that time it's as slow as a narcoleptic snail.

Lol. Your browser appears to be chrome?. There should be a settings option somewhere (I don't use chrome so dunno where exactly). You should be able to find the 'add ons' and 'extensions' list. You might have lots of things on there that have been added unknowingly. Things like extra search programmes, and other stuff. CCleaner is made by a company called piriform (has a green pear for a logo) and should be a free download. It's worth using regularly to clear out stuff. I guess other people may use other programmes but CCleaner is what my dad taught me so I'm sticking with it, lol, will probably break the laptop otherwise, ha ha.

,Edit: just seen Livs reply. Yeah, viruses are good to check for too. I was wondering if it's just got a lot of stuff stored on it that needs getting rid of to clear it out. It won't run as fast as a brand new laptop but should be reasonable.

Packardbell. Great. And here I thought I know every single laptop brands out there :( yeah you need to know the model too. For example my old snail-like laptop was a BenQ Joybook Lite U101 (haha Google rated it 2.5/5). If I just put on "BenQ laptop specs" on Google, they will fetch me mixed results because I wasn't being specific.

Aha you have more than one browsers? That's probably why your computer's slow. What OS you're running on again? It varies slightly between Windows and Mac (and Linux, probably, but I've never uninstalled anything on Linux) but mostly it involves finding either the trash can or the "uninstall" option. I assume it involves a right click too in Windows. It's been years since I've touched a Windows computer now :( sorry.

Oh and 2 years isn't really old at all, but do know your brand. A two-year old Fujitsu, I bet, is still as healthy as a horse because they're a great brand. If you're on a lower-quality brands though, 2 years is when the health bar switches colors from dark green to yellow. Not red, but yellow.

Go to control panel and uninstall a programme, should see a list of browsers there.

Is msn your home page? You can change your home page on the browser itself.

Packard bell is a commonly found brand In the UK. Im no expert but i'd rank it similar to HP and Dell in terms of availability. Lots of people will have had one at one time or another.