Will she like me or him more lol

aronoiiel

Here's my question. I've never had a puppy before and my sibe girl will be my first pup (not my first dog). I work 6-8hrs a day but my roomate is unemployed so he is home with our current dog all day thus the pup will hardly ever be alone. Now, my question is with me working nearly 40hrs a week would she bond more with him than with me? It's not really a big deal to me obviously as she is going to be my dog I would like her to bond with me more but it's just something that's been dancing in the back of my head for a while. I now our Foxy deffinately loves my roomate more lol. She totally fawns over him it's to cute ^_^

Huskies are pack animals. As such, they are more likely to not bond more with one person over another. This, however, is not a fast rule. But, if a stranger comes in, they will most likely make a big to-do about meeting someone new. Hence, Huskies make lousy watch dogs.

In our case, my wife and I both work. Our son is home all day, and yet Zoya seems to turn her affections to us all equally. I'm usually on the run all weekend, and not home much during the day, while my wife is a home body on the weekends. Still, Zoya seems to have no particular preference for my wife over me.

My dogs are very shallow... whomever is playing with them, feeding them, running with them, or walking them is their favorite. For the moment. They don't pick overall favorites (mine don't anyway) they kind of just love everyone. Although when someone new comes over it's more like "OH MY YOU ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND! I MUST LICK YOU AND WAG MY TAIL AND ACT LIKE NO ONE EVER GIVES ME LOVIES! ROO ROO!"

Haha.

LOL nifty thanks guys! Foxy is all about showing new people that she is terribly deprived of love and how she must show them how cute she is and garner all attention to herself; however at the end of the day she is still totally head over heels for my roomate lol. I'm so excited to get my girl and I'm thankful that I won't have to change my work schedule then to bond with her. I work mornings so afternoons are ours to hike and jog the day away lol.

What you can do too is make sure you are the one to feed her, train her, play with her and take her for walks the most. Be her primary care taker as much as you possibly can. My guys look to me as their number 1 because I am the one that takes care of them. But if get super busy and my dad needs to care for them, ya they still love me dearly but I can see their attention shift to him more.

oh no don't get me wrong I'm still the one that feeds,waters,trains, and walks Foxy daily. Before I go to work she gets a good walk then fresh water as well as food and we play a bit before I head out the door. When I come home before I change or settle myself in she goes right out on another walk followed by some training exercise at home and then I get showered,changed, and get some coffee before we rough house a bit. I didn't mean to sound shallow or seem like I"m not spending time with her or won't be with my new pup. He just mainly makes sure Foxy potties when she needs to instead of holding it all the time I'm at work and plays with her when she gets bored and what not so she doesn't make her own fun; which she's been known to do the little stinker lol. He's basically my live in dogsitter LOL