Advice On Shock Collars?

bamills1

let's agree to disagree with what you are saying Brandon but I am glad that there are motions going on in Europe that will ban all types of e-collars and anti bark collars, with an example in Germany, where it is banned and highly illegal to use an e-collar the fine can go up-to €500,- plus a lifetime ban on having any animals...(includes a gold fish)

I agree to disagree.

But I do find it a bit odd that Germany banned e-collars if you consider the training methods employed when training police dogs- an e-collar would be just as effective and far more humane then some of the other methods they use. It just goes to show the lack of education surrounding modern e-collars and the negative effects this has on our bi-laws- laws being pushed by individuals who have never even employed the use of an e-collar.

That to me is like taking financial advice from GP- yes they might know a thing or two about finances, but ultimately you'd be far better off with quality information from a professional. OR like taking dog training advice from a vet... I always chuckle a little when I hear about people who ask their vet for dog training advice.

I honestly don't know what I'd do if e-collars were banned here in Canada- become an activist probably. lol.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As this thread is going nowhere but in circles....and before anybody says something that can get them in trouble, which nobody wants, I am closing this thread for replies...