Squeezing in more exercise

I found the perfect way to squeeze more exercise into Kenobi's schedule. Unfortunately our yard is not fenced so Kenobi never really has a chance to get up to full speed. He's still quite timid when outside, so a dog park is still out of the question as it would take hours to get him back on the lead. I went shopping at the local equestrian shop and found a thirty foot long, one inch wide nylon lunge line. The brass snap looked quite cheap, so I hack sawed it off and replaced with a carabiner.

The trial run went great in our backyard; I attached the line to his harness and he was able to get up to full speed and thunder around for a few laps! Essentially I am lunging Kenobi as you would a horse.

Here's a pick of the carabiner modification;

img00044200912302145.jpg

I inverted on the carabiner on the line to better distribute the force across the nylon webbing as the original brass snap did.

I guess what exactly is being done! I am trying to picture the whole setup>?? Is this like a big Giant Lead where he can have lots of room and Freewill???? Like what exactly does this Lunge line do??? I have never heard of it... And i really would like to start building Thor's strength up by pulling and working more! Is that what were talkin bout?

Wow brilliant idea! I have a tie out line but where I only have one strong lead they still only get to go out separately :( Been on at jamie for fencing the garden for ages now as I think the training would be so much easier if they have somewhere they can all go and let off steam!

I would be careful with the lead though, Marley had a crazy moment just the other day in the snow and ran to the full stretch of the lead (before the tie out line came out) and snapped the lead ohmy.gif luckily didnt go anywhere, have got it on video as was filming him at the time. will be up when I get around to it