Husky Puppy Rescued From Hot Car

Not sure why I bother.  While the idea behind this story is very appropriate for this time of year in most of these United States, this video and the story with it are so far out of touch with reality that it isn't funny.

True, temperatures in a closed vehicle climb rapidly - 80f outside on a sunny day can turn into 130f inside that same vehicle in 30 minutes (give or take a few).  Cracking a window, as the vet says, isn't a whole lot of help.

But if you really watch that video, that puppy is NOT in distress - except possibly distressed that the person outside the vehicle won't play with him.  There is also no way that the puppy could have been in that vehicle, closed up for "in excess of 35 minutes".  Did they stand around that long watching??

At no time in there is the puppy panting which would be the very first indication that it was hot.  Even when the animal control officer holds him after the rescue, the puppy is not obviously stressed.

Add to that there is no other report of this incident except the one posted on the link.

If this was, in fact, a community college a quick call to the registrar and campus security would have been much more appropriate and probably quicker than a call to animal control.

The real kicker that tells me that this is someone pulling something out of history - the date stamp embedded in the original file is July 7, 2000 (date=Mon%20Jul%207%2000%3A19%3A57%20GMT)

Again, don't get me wrong.  The idea contained in the vid is legitimate - DON'T LEAVE YOU DOG IN A CLOSED CAR DURING THE SUMMER!!! but posting a bogus video isn't the way to do it.

I have to agree with Al, the dog didn't look stressed and the people filming seemed a bit full on. 

Having said that, I think it is very very dangerous to leave a dog in a car, especially where I live. Just last week a 'lady' was fined $5000 and her dog taken away from her because she left her dog for 30mins in 35C weather! It was a landmark prosecution by the RSPCA here and hopefully people will get the idea. The ignoramus was also a breeder and shower of dogs (Borzoi)

I have to put the aircond on in my car for 5 minutes before I can sit in my car if left in the sun in summer. The thought of leaving a dog in is quite mind boggling.