F1 News Roundup

Dave

Just in case anyone has missed anything since the race:

Ricciardo has been disqualified from the race for the car consistently exceeding the the maximum fuel-flow rate of 100kg/h. Although Red Bull have appealed the decision it may not be heard until the end of April and the FIA has said

"The FIA technical representative observed through telemetry during the race that fuel flow was too high and contacted the team, giving them the opportunity to follow his previous instruction and reduce the fuel flow such that it was within the limit, as measured by the homologated sensor - and thus give the team the opportunity to be within compliance. The team chose not to make this correction."

Also, Bernie has been in the news today:

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone has vowed to address growing concerns surrounding the sport's lack of an appealing noise.

"I was not horrified by the noise, I was horrified by the lack of it.

"And I was sorry to be proved right with what I've said all along - these cars don't sound like racing cars.

"I've been speaking with Jean (Todt, president of the FIA) and what I've said is we need to see whether there is some way of making them sound like racing cars.

"I don't know whether it's possible, but we should investigate."

Cant really see what they can do about the noise level now really. At the end of the day thats the noise that the cars make and barring artificial stuff and nobody wants anymore of that.

As for Ricciardo I cant help but feel sorry for him.

That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

If you want them to sound like racing cars, then give them a proper racing car engine. These V6's sound like moto gp, and I'm not thinking about the big boys either, it sounds like 125cc class.

Also, Bernie has been in the news today:

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone has vowed to address growing concerns surrounding the sport's lack of an appealing noise.

"I was not horrified by the noise, I was horrified by the lack of it.

"And I was sorry to be proved right with what I've said all along - these cars don't sound like racing cars.

"I've been speaking with Jean (Todt, president of the FIA) and what I've said is we need to see whether there is some way of making them sound like racing cars.

"I don't know whether it's possible, but we should investigate."

My daughter commented and said they sound like a cross between a GT car (probably Porsche) and a Corvette. Whether we like the sound or not, things move on and things change. I wish people would 'get over it' and just enjoy the racing. Compared to F1 in the 50s it's all pants anyway, I mean proper racing drivers, proper danger, proper cars and proper circuits.

My daughter commented and said they sound like a cross between a GT car (probably Porsche) and a Corvette. Whether we like the sound or not, things move on and things change. I wish people would 'get over it' and just enjoy the racing. Compared to F1 in the 50s it's all pants anyway, I mean proper racing drivers, proper danger, proper cars and proper circuits.

I kind of agree, my only dislike about the sound was that it didn't sound like they are 'giving it the full beans' maybe it's something that I'll get used to over time but the sound last year was like they were always going all out. It sounds like they are holding back this year, I know they are not but it's just the new sound... Will take some time to get used to

I kind of agree, my only dislike about the sound was that it didn't sound like they are 'giving it the full beans' maybe it's something that I'll get used to over time but the sound last year was like they were always going all out. It sounds like they are holding back this year, I know they are not but it's just the new sound... Will take some time to get used to

New things are always open to scrutiny, we just don't like change! If the racing is better than last season then personally I think that's a good thing. Whilst the results weren't to my liking at least there was a bit of a race :)

New things are always open to scrutiny, we just don't like change! If the racing is better than last season then personally I think that's a good thing. Whilst the results weren't to my liking at least there was a bit of a race :)

Yeah I have to agree with that one. Being that reliability is going to be an issue it should really spice things up. .. so long as Lewis's car doesn't break I'll be happy lol