aggressive puppy ?

How old is the pup? Don't know if this is your situation, but sometimes when a pup leaves it's mother and siblings too early (usually before 8 weeks of age), they don't develop some of the social skills they would normally have developed. It may be just the puppy in him. I would start to control it now, rather than later. Be firm, let him know that nipping is not acceptable. Ignore him if he continues. Huskies hate being ignored. He should get the idea pretty quickly that nipping means he's going to get ignored.

Pack Leader: There are some things i would like to know before i give my opinion. Like said before how hold is your pup? Does he nip and growl? Does he nip and come after you? Does he nip in a playful manner? Does him and Akira play a lot an nip at each other often?

bec im at ipswich jus on the border of brisbane n ipswich

he is 10 weeks old (7.10.09)

umm him n akira do play lots she just lays down and she cops it from him till he runs into the kitchen and she chases him.

my brother plays with him but i dont think he likes my brother touching him he growls n nips him when he gets to rough (my brother is 10)

and is a lil crap head to. the puppy likes to play and bark sometimes when he isnt sleeping around the place the kids tend to wake him up i think he get s

grumpy ...i dont knoe if its playing growlling n barking or aggressivewhen he goes to nip or bite i tell him no and push his nose away ( am i doing that right it worked on akirabut she was scared lil puppy when i got her hes so.... when you get down low and have a that voice ( lol ermmm its like when yur happy to see them haha

jibberish speak haha i dont knowhow to explain it lol) he gets happy and runs with his ears back and wants a pat.. he gets over excited when you try to train him to sit( very good dog at this sits when told and lays

learn t it in tens minutes) but when he gets over excited he jumps and whirls off my leg untill i ignor him and he sits without being told ....then does it again when i treat him...

Guest snowdog

hiya, my pup shadow is 10 wks in a couple of days, he play growls n barks, i know its play as he sticks his bum in the air n his front is lay flat , like kittens do in play, although i have 7 cats n my sibes are fully used to the cats being boss round the house, so shadow growls n barks and waggles his bum at them wanting to play, i kep an eye on them all the while as you never know when their best bud cat will suddenly look like dinner! but so far all my sibes enjoy the cats company, it may be play that your pup is doing, but like dunc said hes right age for training classes, mind your little bro though cos you dont want pup to asociate kids with tormenting him, my uncles dog was tormented n messed about by the 3 kids n he then became quite moody n nast around kids, which is something you dont want, so id teach your lil bro the correct way to handle pup, (difficult i know) but best in long run hope it all works out for you x

hiya, my pup shadow is 10 wks in a couple of days, he play growls n barks, i know its play as he sticks his bum in the air n his front is lay flat , like kittens do in play, although i have 7 cats n my sibes are fully used to the cats being boss round the house, so shadow growls n barks and waggles his bum at them wanting to play, i kep an eye on them all the while as you never know when their best bud cat will suddenly look like dinner! but so far all my sibes enjoy the cats company, it may be play that your pup is doing, but like dunc said hes right age for training classes, mind your little bro though cos you dont want pup to asociate kids with tormenting him, my uncles dog was tormented n messed about by the 3 kids n he then became quite moody n nast around kids, which is something you dont want, so id teach your lil bro the correct way to handle pup, (difficult i know) but best in long run hope it all works out for you x

Good reply snowdog, what you described with the pups bum in the air is called a play bow, it lets another dog know that even if what their about to do might seem agressive i.e barking, growing, biting, its actually all ment in play. Its how they learn.

What your describing ohhsweetness sounds really normal, my pup did the same thing when she was little and still does occassionally when she gets playfull! As has been said all you need to do when he gets too boistrous is tell him firmly No and ignor him, or you could also try yelping like he really hurt you, this will surpise him into stoping what hes doing, its what a brother or sister would do to tell him hes gone to far, then when hes destracted from biting get a toy and destracting him completely away from the nippy play.

As for you siblings waking him up and tormenting him... does he have a bed or a crate? Somewhere thats just for him? If not I'd sugest getting something like that making it comfy for him and putting some of his toys there so he has his safe place then teaching the whole family that when a dog goes to his safe place he wants to be left alone for abit and they can play with him later! biggrin.gif

thnx guys and yes i am going to take him to puppy pre school when he gets his 2nd needle

Most puppy schools accept pups from 8 weeks, you don't need to wait for his second needle - they are a sterile environment :)

I haven't used these guys but I know a few people who have taken pups there. It might be worthwhile contacting them and seeing if there are any classes near you :) There are lots of dodgy puppy pre schools out there unfortunately.

http://www.urbandogtraining.com.au/group-dog-training-courses.html