Charlie's Weight

Had to take Charlie to vets last night (he decided to take his grump out on solo who usually ignores him but this time charlie caught his ear and he snapped back, catching Charlie just above eye, resulting in infection, eye drops, antibiotics and a £91.00 bill).

Anyway, vet commented again on his weight saying his too big for little legs. He looks rotund but you can feel his ribs all the way round is naturally deep chested and not much flab. He is fed to his size and walked alongside solo at least 3 miles a day. I looked up stats for corgis tonight (dad was corgi x terrier)and he is within range so do I worry?

If he's within the normal range, you can feel his ribs fairly easily, he's not over fed, gets plenty of exercise, then really Tina, I'm not sure what else you're supposed to do?

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much at this stage, I'd just keep a close eye on his weight, if it starts creeping up, then he possibly needs to cut down on his calorie intake. I don't know much about corgis but three miles per day sounds more than adequate for someone so little, lol. Wouldn't be surprised if his size was all muscle! Super dog! He must have to walk twice as much as Solo just to keep up with him, lol.

Thanks Emma, he is healthy apart from problem with front legs, ulnar plates closed early. But when he not grumpy hes a sweetheart lol. At least he's talking to me tonight, ignored me whole of last night even when just 2 of us in car, apparently my fault he had to have injections lol.