White Fang 2: Myth Of The White Wolf

mydiamond

I heard White Fang is a pretty awesome movie, so when I saw White Fang 2 on HBO I decided to watch it. Here's what I think:

Well, they did have one of the finest collection of wolfdogs. The "white wolf"--who is, I believe, a low-content wolfdog--is especially stunning. White Fang himself is adorable :wub: beautiful, yet still fits the scenes where he needs to growl and act scary. I thought his cuteness would make up for all the wrong breed trait promotion found in the movie, but apparently not. The main character's lack of chemistry with White Fang annoys me to no end :( I can't believe the director made a scene where White Fang jumped down a cliff while his human cuddles with the girl  :mellow: and when the jump injured White Fang, the human casually walks around calling "White Fang, here boy!" :facepalm: I know it's an old movie and sometimes I'm asking too much, but seriously?

Eight Below is also rather old, but it's heart-warming. You can clearly see how much the humans love their huskies and that is why we need tissues in the end. Maybe because the dog starring Maya actually belongs to the female main character? 

All in all: I'd say White Fang 2 deserves its IMDb rating which is 5.2. I can be mean and rate it lower due to promoting the husky breed as highly protective and able to be walked off-lead, but since technically they use wolfdogs not huskies I'd let it go. It's a huge let-down, considering how popular this movie is.