Firefox Tab Groups

Removed #5

I didn't know about this until I went looking for another browser that didn't use as much memory as FireFox does ( app .5gb on my system with the sites I have open ).

I located GreenBrowser (which is worth a look) which allowed one to set up groups of web sites that can be activated and deactivated at will.  Nice, that allows me to have the six "normal" tabs I, uh, normally have open without having to also have all the others that I look at sitting there taking up memory.  I have a set of development tabs that I work with as I'm trying to do something with a web site for some friends - that's a group of about eight tabs - most pointing at localhost something or other.  Then I wander around looking at different things - like the chemistry question recently.

If you don't know how it works; there's a "group icon" that might be on the right hand of the tab bar (if it isn't, you can customize the tab bar by adding the group icon to it.

If you're interested - if you always seem to have a large collection of web sites on your tab bar - take a look at "Groups in Firefox" and then look at "Mastering the Tab Group Editor"

Quite a handy feature about which I knew nothing.

On the other topic, GreenBrowser is currently using 80k for the same tabs where FF is using 438k - but I also have to admit I have several addons in FF .... but I didn't think that many.