Virtual Machines?

Marc

As I develop windows applications I have decided to go back to windows from running linux. However this leaves me in a bit of a muddle as I do like linux for certain things, not least for when I am developing for this site. Therefore Im playing with virtual machines (vmware at the moment) in order to get a linux installation without the need for reboot. I have 16gb of memory to play with so I have the resources to do this now with ease.

Anyone else played with Virtual Machines?

Not at home, but at work. We run VMware with Windows 7 as the main boot up system and Windows XP on the virtual machine. We run TCM, which is our Enterprise MRP application on the virtual machine, and everything else on Windows 7.

• 2 months later...

We use VMware vSphere, plus i use VM WorkStation on my Laptop and VM Fusion on my MacBook.

VirtualBox is good, but it's open source, so you really get what you pay for :P.

Not that I paid for VMWare!!!!