does this seem like a good diet plan??

hoping to start kira on a full BARF diet soon, so im just trying to work out a plan... ive read the dr billinghurst things online and ive tried to incorperate most of what is mentioned on there. does this seem like a good, healthy diet??

Monday

AM: 3 chicken wings, 1cm cube of liver, ½ chopped carrot, 1 teaspoon crushed flax seed

PM: ¾ cup of minced beef, ¼ broccoli, 1 raw egg, 1 apple

Tuesday

AM: 3 chicken wings, ½ chopped carrot, ¼ cup of peas, 1 teaspoon crushed flax seed

PM: ground rib bones, ½ cup of tripe, 1 pear, small handful of spinach, ½ teaspoon garlic

Wednesday

AM: 3 chicken wings, ½ chopped carrot, tablespoon natural yoghurt, 1 teaspoon crushed flax seed

PM: 1 heart, ½ red pepper, 1 can tuna in oil, 1 apple, 1 crushed kelp supp. Tablet

Thursday

AM: 3 chicken wings, 1cm cube of liver, ½ chopped carrot, 1 teaspoon crushed flax seed

Friday

AM: 3 chicken wings, ½ chopped carrot, ¼ cup of peas, 1 teaspoon crushed flax seed

PM: ground rib bones, ½ cup of tripe, 1 pear, small handful of spinach, ½ teaspoon garlic

Saturday

AM: 3 chicken wings, ½ chopped carrot, tablespoon natural yoghurt, 1 teaspoon crushed flax seed

PM: 1 heart, ½ red pepper, 1 can tuna in oil, 1 apple, 1 crushed kelp supp. Tablet

Sunday

so basically theres 3 different sets of meals, and im gunna do them in order, so like, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3.... if you know what i mean...

all the ingredients are off the dr billinghurst website

Just make sure that you are feeding the right amount of offal - it should be 10% over 10 days and most or at least 5% of it should be raw liver.

Don't be worried about making it even across a meal or a day, as long as you are feeding the right break down over ten days that's fine. Personally I'd like to see more muscle meat like heart.

With my dogs I actually go some days without feeding any raw meaty bones. I would be worried you are feeding too much bone and too much of the same bone - mix it up a bit! I feed a range of meat and cuts from turkey wings, necks and legs to chicken frames, necks, wings; lamb necks and off cuts and forequarters; heart, liver, etc.

There are some days where I feed no bone at all, instead I'll feed a meal of just muscle meat like heart. I go several days without feeding any fruit or vegies, and then I'll do a couple of meals with a fair chunk of raw pureed vegies/fruit and yoghurt. I don't feed any minced meat as a rule, and I feed fish like tinned sardines and mackeral a fair bit too.

im just trying to include the meats i can easily & regularly get from the butchers, i'll have a look next time im in there.

is heart not very rich in iron?? i thought that it should be feed that often...

im just trying to include the meats i can easily & regularly get from the butchers, i'll have a look next time im in there.

is heart not very rich in iron?? i thought that it should be feed that often...

Think about what an animal is mostly made up of, there is actually more muscle meat than there is bone. Part of feeding a raw diet properly is ensuring that you are feeding a range of meats/cuts so you are replicating an entire animal that a dog would eat.

Have you seen this article before?

http://www.barfworld.com/html/barf_diet/barfdiet_specific.shtml

It breaks down a lot of what we should be feeding in a raw diet and why - although technically, muscle meat like heart is not offal.

Like I said don't worry so much about feeding the correct break down each day, feed the correct break down over around ten days.

yea thats the site i got all the ingredients off. i swear i once found a site that had exact measurements according to your dogs weight, but it was ages ago and i cant find it now :unsure:

Stick with 2-3% of your dog's ideal body weight to start with :) You might find with Sibes you can get away with feeding less.

yea, i would opt for the easy life and keep her on complete but she needs to put some weight off and BARF she always finishes.

rick said something about boiling some bones in water to make a gravy for her, this'd be ok wouldnt it?? better than bisto :blink:

Have you thought about adding some fish .I give mine a sardine each one night a week and they love them ...whole

we tried giving her a whole mackrel once... she wouldnt eat it, i think it was too slippery lol. we do have tuna in there aswell, maybe i could incorperate sardines one day instead of the chicken wings