submissive peeing

since we have gotten nukka she has been a great dog but she is afraid of men. my fiance will come up to her and she will pee herself or poo herself. and i have beeen trying to work on her with this and its not seeming to work. i took her outside this morning to go potty with nalla and they both went to the bathroom and started to play and so i figured they was done (about 10 min) and i came back inside and nukka was pooing on the floor. and i didnt know what to do. it was loose because since we just got her we switched her to a better food. (the prev owner was feeding her blue diamond which is like mcdonalds for dogs) and so my fiance and i caught her on the kitchen floor relieving herself and my fiance wanted me to smack her!!!! and we got into a fight about it because i wanted to stop the subissive peeing and pooping NOT MAKE IT WORSE! and i didnt want to move her while she was pooping so i told her now and when she was done i brought her outside and told her you go potty outside! and she just looked at me and i brought her inside after about a min. i was telling my fiance what if when we have a baby down the road and its potty training?? you going to smack it when its having an accident??? and he said no and i said well whats the difference and he said ITS A DOG!!! :blink: and i told him that its just a baby we just got her and shes not feeling to good so you want to smaack her for not feeling good? i told him we will never be able to have a kid until he grows up and learns that he cant freek out at something or someone just for a little thing as a up set tummy.

ugh i dont know what to do. i cant believe this just happened. any suggestions about the submissive potting with nukka and how to train my fiance not to be such an ass? :(

Well the only thing I would say is that it is ok to move her in the middle of a... "movement" and tell her no while shes going on the floor that way she gets the idea that thats not the place to go... get her out side as quick as poss and when shes finnished out there then praise her up... as for submissive peeing I have heard of this but I'd say with a puppy its impossbile to tell whether it is that or just that she has such a little bladder and no muscle control so shes going to have accidents... if she is still doing it after 6months or so then ask a proffessional trainer/ behaviorist what to do but like you said to your fiancee she's little and under the weather so at the moment you just have to fore bare! Also you can get special cleaning products to remove the pheramones so she cant smell where she been in the house.. this is surposed to speed up potty training as even if you clean up she will still be able to smell that shes been there and this motivates her to go there again. Good luck hon with the pup and the bloke! Lol! :)

she only pees when someone walks past her looking at her, raises a hand at her or to grab anything next to her, she pees when someone moves too fast and then hides under the couch. so my fiance and i basicly are figuring that a guy must have hit her when she a bit younger. because she loves me but doesnt come to guys, hides from them or runs to me. she wont listen to them when they give her a command either. (which were working on) but were pretty sure she has been abused. she has this spot on her side that looks to be scared over and she has white hair growing up out of it. its a little bit below her collar. you can see it in pics. ill post it so yall can see.

post-723-13585944473749_thumb.jpg

Your just being impatient :P , Ashley this could take any where from a week to 6 months. You both are pretty lucky shes still young. It could also be altitude too, just go in thinking positive... make sure both of you are putting out a positive vibe for her. She'll come around.

with the fear of men you have to take it so so so slowly.

He shouldn't look at her in her eyes, when possible he needs to ignore her, even when she comes up to him, let her sniff him...he should make no attempt to pet her/call her over/talk to her. Over time she will realise that he is no threat - he certainly shouldn't hit, or yell at her or this will just make things worse. He should be very calm around her...if he catches her peeing/pooping in the house, he needs to assertively, and not loudly, say no and take her outside. There should be no aggression in his manner. If she goes pee/poop outside then he can praise with either treats or just verbal "yay's"...trying to pet/make a fuss and say yay could freak her out, so a "good girl, good potty (whatever your word is)" in a high pitched voice should do for now.

After a few days/weeks he should then offer the back of his hand when she comes near him, if she sniffs it, see if she nuzzles for a pet, if she doesn't he can always try and slowly move his hand (still using the back of it), and pet the side of her face, petting the top of the head could seem more threatening.

I'm no expert; but this is how i would approach it...as well as the fact that at our puppy parties the vet nurse had a dog who was abused by a male and she asked if my husband could just ignore her, not looking or speaking directly to her...over a couple weeks she would come closer and she eventually took a treat (liver cake...dogs go mad for it!) from his hand...altho she did take it and run! I'm sure if we went longer then he would have been able to pet her.

HTH xx

Not that i can think of...he needs to take things easy around her...of course if she comes up to him with a toy etc...he need to play with her. The most important thing is taking it at your pups speed, if she seems to be more confident around him quicker, then go with it...

First off, get an old jumper of your fiancée's , cut it so there are no holes for your pup to put her head through (cutting off the arms and splitting a seam always worked well for me) put this in the crate/bed where your pup sleeps. She will get used to the scent and it will help.

Have him play with her, walk her, and feed her - if she only pee's with him and not you, have him do these activities while your not in the room.

Sit with her - sounds illy but a lot of people overlook the obvious of give her some love - who doesnt love a good cuddle ?

Its fine for him to discipline her, but your right to say not to hit - hitting a dog is like trying to cure a headache by banging your head against a wall. Dogs respond much better to tones of voice.

When she does pee, immediately put her outside, and if possible leave her out there for a few minutes alone - husky's are pack orientated and that small feeling of exclusion for a few minutes will have a much better result than anything - she will know she has done wrong! if not possible then take her outside and keep her out there for a few minutes without praising her - you dont want to give a negative action positive attention.

Doing the above, you should notice a huge improvement within a couple of weeks.

It will take time to overcome this, but patience and perseverance will pay off!

Here is my 2 cents... If you want to try to get her over it quicker.... Relatively.... try this

Make it so that he is the only one that gives her treats and feeds her.

Have him take her out on walks... If the whole walking thing is difficult at first have him walk with you when you walk her. after a bit trade the leash over to him but still walk next to him . after a little fall back a little. after a while she will figure out that she can trust him.

I would strongly suggest that for the time being he not punish or yell around her. A stern voice might even be to much at the momment. Loud noises and punishment will likely strengthen the fear of men at this point... once looking at her or going near her doesnt prompt submissive behaviour then i would say he can start then but it still needs to be minmal at first and can slowly grow.

If he is at all stressed from work I would suggest not being around her. Dogs pickup on the stress and in turn get stressed out as well. At the same time he needs to be calm and cool around her at all times.

This works with most dogs... Keep in mind that it will still take a while but you need to nip it in the but before she gets much older. The Biggest thing is be patient.