Puppies Eat Everything

My Kona and Jade eat everything! Or try, i am constantly telling them "drop it" and picking the rocks and plants out of their mouths. Is this because of a nutrition deficiency or are they just curious puppies? I'm not sure what else to do besides making them drop it and let them know it's not ok.

My Kona and Jade eat everything! Or try, i am constantly telling them "drop it" and picking the rocks and plants out of their mouths. Is this because of a nutrition deficiency or are they just curious puppies? I'm not sure what else to do besides making them drop it and let them know it's not ok.

It's just the natural condition of being a puppy. You do need to be careful though as they will sometimes eat things which can be dangerous. Socks, for example, although they "pass through" 99% of the time, can completely clog up a pup's intestines and kill them.

Mick

I agree with Mick, my two used to be like this - Kimba once ate a stocking of mine and had to go to the vets to be made to be sick - when it didn't come out they waited to see if it was going to pass and if it hadn't of done, they were going to have to operate - luckily for him it came through *phew* Didn't learn his lesson though *sigh*

Having said that now they're older, they don't munch on everything quite as much lol

Might be if they're teathing as well - make sure they have lots of their own things to chew on :)

Try and find a toy they obsess over that way you can praise them for playing with their toys rather then rocks plants and underwear. They will grow out of it.

Kahtadin is the same way, Jay calls him a garbage dog. When we're on walks, he picks up anything and everything - sticks, rocks, clumps of dirt, leaves, garbage. He grabs plants, jumps up to grab the tops of the tall grasses. He even tried to pick up dead frogs and snakes in the road (Jay had a fun time trying to get that away from him lol). He's getting better now, but he still brings leaves into the house and tries to eat those.