Taking photos off my camera

Stormy

I cant get any of my photos off my new Canon camera onto my laptop! I have a multi card reader (INOV8 all in 1 card reader) it wont recognise that! And plugging the camera straight into the laptop does not work either! Its a canon EOS 300D

Any ideas??

Do you mean it isn't downloading them automatically or it totally won't allow you to dowload them?

When you plug in the reader, or the camera, can you go to 'My Computer' and open either from there? there should be a listing of devices with removable storage there and you should be able to click on that to dowload.

there's a couple things you could try. First go to the card reader manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for the model card reader you have. Also make sure your card reader can handle your card. Although it says all in one, some older/cheaper card readers can't handle the speeds of the newer top of the line CF and SD cards.

For the camera, i'm not as familiar with cannons (I have a nikon :P) but go through the settings and make sure, if there is a one, a setting that makes the camera viewable by the computer. My phone has that feature. it can be quite annoying at times. Also make sure the camera is turned on after you plug it in to the laptop.