Not Eating Sort Of

We feed Alfie Wainrights large breed dog food hes 16 months and we feed him 1 cup twice a day. ( By Cup i mean plastic beaker) however he isnt eating it all and it seems like its not a lot. If some of his breakfast is still there at tea time we dont give him any more. |Is this the right thing to do?

Cheers Robson

thats what we do with kira, dry food - leaves half, BARF - wolfs it down! so if she has dry in the morning and doesnt eat it she doesnt get anything else. could also try removing the food after 15 minutes if hes not eaten it, and not give him anything else before his dinner, apparently that works quite well

oh, could also try changing his food, huskies are often fussy, he might have got bored of that brand or flavour. if your happy with the food he's on and dont wanna change it try pouring gravy on it, worked a treat for kira :)

Cypra was doing the same thing, so we switched her to a kibble/raw diet. I think she realizes she is going to get her raw goodies so she wolfs down her kibble knowing what comes next. She gets 1/2 cup-3/4 cup kibble in the morning (depending on what I have on hand to feed her raw for dinner) for mid day snack she gets 1/2 an apple, then for dinner she usually gets an organ (either heart or 1/2 a liver), a whole chicken breast, and 1/4 sweet potato. Sometimes I will mix a little yogurt with her apple at snack time. I was giving her bone in chicken, but her teeth are so bad now (tomorrow she goes to the vet for them) that they bleed when she chews on things a little too hard for her. Another thing you can do is switch their food. When I got both of my dogs, they were on pedigree, then I switched them to Nutro lamb and rice (which both refused to eat) then I have had them on Innova Evo for the last 4 months and they absolutely ADORE it. Petfooddirect.com is my savior! :D