Cypra's fur licking

Ok so now it's time to talk about my other sibe, Cypra! She has a problem licking her fur. Everything that I have read so far about "hot spots" is different than what she has I believe. It doesn't itch her, and she only does it when we aren't home or sometimes at night. When we took her to the vet, they diagnosed her with an anxiety problem and they gave her some meds to mellow her out. Now let me tell you, Cypra is one of the most mellow dogs EVER, and those pills literally made her look like she was comatose! I had her enrolled in obedience classes, thinking that it would make her happier, but again, she would be fine until we would leave, or go to sleep. Does anyone have any advice about what to do with this?? OH and before I forget, I've tried everything under the sun to get her to stop licking it...vinegar, bitter-yuck, even tobasco! Everything put on her, she would eagerly lick it off. What a weird dog! haha. When we catch her doing it, we correct her and she'll be fine, but while we aren't home it's hard to get her to stop it...

could be seperation anxiety, try putting the radio or tv on when you go out, or record you and whoever else you live with having a conversation, and play the tape when you go out. i wouldnt use those meds anymore, its been said on here (i think in the firework thread) that all they do is relax the muscles, not the mind, so the poor dog is still stressed out, probably even more so because it cant move:tdown:

Cypra gets free rein of the house whie we are gone. She isn't destructive so I trust her. All her toys are downstairs but she just doesn't do much while we are gone. I do notice one thing though, she came from a family of 4 kids, so maybe she is lonely and misses the kids? I am considering maybe letting someone house sit her while I am gone during the day. First thing first is finding someone I trust to help out!