Going through the night?

I cannot remember how old Max should be before i can expect him to go through the night? He is 10 weeks old and at the mo he takes himself to his crate about 6.30ish and sleeps untill we go to bed ,is taken out between 10.30 and 11.00 ,very reluctantly, but is always a"good boy" then he goes back to bed untill anywhere between 3.30 and 4.30 for another bathroom visit ,and then if i am really lucky he will go back to bed untill 5 ish!!!He is having three meals a day the last one being around 5 pm. 5.30 ish.I am not expecting miracles but it would be nice to now when the end might be in sight .:rolleyes:

Well Nukka is 4 months now and most of the time will have dry nights.. we use puppy training pads put down by the door for her if she needs to go during the night but mostly she doesnt need them anymore. And she had been quiet throughout the night since about a month after we brought her home. Dont know if this is the norm as I'm guessing every puppy is different and every puppies routine is different but it might give you an idea..? :D I've been told they should have developed nearly full muscle control by about 4 months so Nukka is on target.

I suppose it all depends on the puppy, I was lucky as Tala was actually sleeping through the night and clean through the night at about 8 weeks (got her at 6), luckily she hates messing her crate so she would let us know so we always knew when to come down. She's now 15 weeks old and she has been clean althogether (day and night) for about 4 weeks now :D

As Sarah said I think its just a matter of that all puppies develop at different speeds... Hopefully he will be sleeping through the night and waiting until the morning in no time :)

oscar is 14 months now and after about 4 months old he would sleep though although he would go to the toilet inside during the night on newspaper. around 9 months he has slept thorough the night and only needed the toilet just before bed (11pmish) and he would get up around 7.

Over the last month or 2 however he has been waking up at 4-5am at 1st i thought for the toilet but when i get up and open the back door he doesn't want to go out he just wants to come in the livingroom. when i put him back in his kennel he stays there till i leave the kitchen and then when i cloe the door he scratches and bangs the door.

We have tried leaving him and ignoring him but he goes on for hrs and then howls until i go down and sleep on the settee! i have tried leaving the back door open for him but he still wants someone to stay in the living room with him! if i do that he sleeps sweet as a nut!

dont know what to do but i cant remember a time i have had a decent nights sleep in the last 3 months!

AAAARGH!!!! Poor you ,wish i could help but am non the wiser.Maybe leaving the radio on,or giving him an old shirt or somthing like when he was a pup!I havnt left Max in the kitchen with our other two yet cos i dont think i would hear him unless he woke up the whole house! so he is in his crate in our room at the moment. I am not surehow he is going to take to the idea of sleeping with the other two instead of us ?hopefully he will have bonded with them more once they can go for walks together?!!!

The rule of thumb I go with is 1 hour for every month of age. And I've not had any issues with piddles in the crate. So, when Zoya was four months old, I would set my alarm for four hours after she was last out (which would have been right before we went to bed), wake up, and take her out, set the alarm for four hours later (which was time to get up), and take her out.

At about six months, Zoya would wake me up an hour or two before I would normally have gotten up. At about seven months to eight months, she finally made it through the entire night, waking me up at 5:30. She pretty much is my alarm clock, every morning at 5:30 she woo-woos me out of my sleep.

Kaiya is just over 4 months and can go through the night, but it's a short night, lol. sometimes she naps a bit before bed and sometimes she doesn't, but right around 10:30-11:00 i'll take her out one last time. after that she will sleep through until about 5:30-6, although she has been getting better and better. we keep her crate in our bedroom, she'll cry when it's time to go out. this worked out well so we didn't have to set our alarm every 3 hours, etc. we didn't want her getting in that habit, lol.