sand in camera

Try using a 'pet corrector' spray' date=' basically a can of compressed air, to blow the sand out. If that doesn't work then I'm afraid it's going to need to go to be professionally cleaned![/quote']

Depending on where it is, I would be very careful with it. I would actually be afraid it might go deeper and scratch sensitive parts of the camera.

That said, where IS it actually located? On the lens, next to the lens? In the camera? Can you see it and just don't reach it or is it something that appears on the photos?

As far as I know it's inside , when u switch it on when the lense usually opens and retracts from the camera nothing happens

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

My only experience with these kind of things are with DSLRs which, if the dirt or sand gets to your sensor and scratches it, it's pretty much worthless immediately. With point and shoot cameras this is obviously not (easily) possible as it's all covered. Think you would be save see if you can blow it out and if it doesn't work seek a professional.

When I had dirt on my sensor I went to the shop where instead of removing it themselves (for €60!!), they gave my a few useful tips to do it myself, and it worked.