hard treats

Does anyone have any suggestions on hard chew treats for dogs? We're looking for something for Haley that will last more than 2 minutes. We don't use rawhides, and were hoping to find something she could chew on that wouldn't be bad for her.

We've tried Busy Bone, Pork Chomps, dentabone, and a few other "hard chews for strong chewers" and they last just for a minute, maybe two before she as torn them apart and eaten them. Any ideas?

Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a puppy (say 4 months old)? We have plenty of rope toys and rubber toys for him to chew on, but nothing he can eat. He tries to tear apart his air kong squeak toys and pulls off the felt and tries to eat that. Any soft toys are destroyed in seconds, especially if they squeek (he rips them open, sends stuffing everywhere, and then pulls out the squeaker so he can try to eat that). We tried giving him "teething toys", but he and Haley would play with them and rip them apart, and then try to eat them. So we're lookin for something he could chew and eat.

Dakota is a chewer to. The best thing I found is natural deer antlers.. You can see Dakota with is on my pic. They sell them at some pet stores and you can find them on the internet as well but they are kinda pricey. I don't have to buy mine tho cause most of the guys in my family go hunting so I get mine that way. They are awesome chews Dakota has had the same one now for about 5 months and its still big and barely worn. Plus they dont splinter or break off like some bones do.:grinning-smiley-003

Hahaha Nukka ate her puppy nylabone! We had to get her an adult one!!!

My sister bought tripe strips for her which smell like sick but she looooves them and they last her at least half an hour... she also likes a whole raw carrot every now and again and they tend to last quiet well.

Oh an we gave her a raw meaty mutton rib the other day for her sunday lunch and it took her a good three hours to strip it down and aparently pets at home give away raw meat bone for free!

Another safe option is Bully sticks if you don't mind what they are. lol They are safe, hard beef pizzle chews that are fully digestible. A 12" bully stick lasts about 2 hours with my sibe. I've tried the Nylabone Healthy Edibles (also safe and fully digestible hard chews) which generally last him about 2 hours as well, but they tend to upset his tummy a little bit so I've stopped buying them.

I would have to agree with sarah, Nylabones last ages and they are brill for keeping them occupied for ages :D

Tripe sticks are good and would be an option for your 4 month old pup (the ones I got can be given to any pup over 3 months) - I give Tala tripe sticks and she loves them, they keep her chewing for quite a while.