Food time

Hiya all,

Just a quick one........what do you feed your little ones? Our little Angel is on dried food (for puppies) as she is only 9 months, but i notice that she hardly eats much of it anymore :( When we looked into getting a Husky we are aware that they are not known as 'pigs'! They tend not to eat if they are not hungry and eat when they are (wish I could be like that!)

Takara has always had a good appetite though and I hate it when she never eats her breakfast and lunch (mainly) She will eat her tea. What we have started doing is mixing in shreddies for breakfast and gravy & meat at lunch, with meat with the dried food at tea time.

Is she just being picky and waiting for me to give her other treats in her food bowl or should I be mixing something else in to make her food more appealing?

Love to hear your ideas :) Thank you xx

I have found that Chewy (who is also 9 months) has also been turning his nose up at dry food. Try the controlled meal time thing that was suggested yesterday...leaving food down for 10-15 minutes and then not giving her anything til the next meal. If this doesnt do much good (it didnt for Chewy) try putting 1 egg and a bit of shredded cheese in her food. Its healthy and they love eggs and cheese so even if she still doesnt lick her bowl clean she will get alot of nutrients and will eat enough to be full after each meal.