Ticks Help

i got told by a vet the best way to remove a tick if you dont want to pull it out (risk leaving the head in) is to smear it with butter as they literally breathe out their bums the butter suffocates them then they drop out..... or if you know how to pull them get some alcohol (gin works really well) an soak a cotton ball in the alcohol before holding it on the tick for a few seconds..... the tick gets drunk and is easier to pull xxx

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got told by a vet the best way to remove a tick if you dont want to pull it out (risk leaving the head in) is to smear it with butter as they literally breathe out their bums the butter suffocates them then they drop out..... or if you know how to pull them get some alcohol (gin works really well) an soak a cotton ball in the alcohol before holding it on the tick for a few seconds..... the tick gets drunk and is easier to pull xxx

They sound quite fun to try. I have bought a tick remover for the future so I don't get dumped with another vet bill :)

They sound quite fun to try. I have bought a tick remover for the future so I don't get dumped with another vet bill :)

I read somewhere you shouldn't upset ticks as they regurgitate back into the dog. Resulting in a very poorly dog.

Ive used the remover and it works really well

I read somewhere you shouldn't upset ticks as they regurgitate back into the dog. Resulting in a very poorly dog.

Ive used the remover and it works really well

the butter and the gin method dont upset ticks it renders them unable to do anything let alone get stressed enough to regurgitate its stomach contents xxx