Help!

KaylaR13

I'm having an issue with Dakota help! Every time we leave Dakota in the house by himself even if its just for 5 minutes he goes to the bathroom on the floor no matter if he just went outside or not. I would like to be able to leave him have run of the house when we leave instead of crating him if he would just stop doing this. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to stop this behavior.

How old is Dakota? Reason I ask is, our last Husky, Elke, could not be left to have a run of the house when we left, until she was about 6 years old. We always had to put her into the kennel in the laundry room. The kennel is quite a bit larger than a crate, but if we did not have that, we would have had to use a crate. We have to do the same with Zoya, who is a tad over 1 year old.

If we are out in the yard, we can leave Zoya alone in the house without any issue. I wonder if Dakota has separation anxiety, or if he just plain hates to be left alone. Not much help I'm afraid.

Were in the middle of training our three month old and he does the same. I watch him go outside and do EVERYTHING then two mins later (when i leave the room) low and behold EVERYTHING on the floor. In my experience its just the seperation anxiety, had it with the other two but now i can leave them anywhere and they are fine. I think Scooby just cant be bothered to move ..gettin a old lady!

How old is Dakota? Reason I ask is, our last Husky, Elke, could not be left to have a run of the house when we left, until she was about 6 years old. We always had to put her into the kennel in the laundry room. The kennel is quite a bit larger than a crate, but if we did not have that, we would have had to use a crate. We have to do the same with Zoya, who is a tad over 1 year old.

If we are out in the yard, we can leave Zoya alone in the house without any issue. I wonder if Dakota has separation anxiety, or if he just plain hates to be left alone. Not much help I'm afraid.

He is going to be 2 on Dec. 13th.

at 2 you would have though these issues would have been resolved by now.

Could be separation anxiety or an underlying water infection whereby he "leaks" when excited? Have you noticed this more when you get home - does he leave little splashes everywhere?

at 2 you would have though these issues would have been resolved by now.

Could be separation anxiety or an underlying water infection whereby he "leaks" when excited? Have you noticed this more when you get home - does he leave little splashes everywhere?

Oh I'm sorry I should have been more specific he's not peeing when left alone he's doing number 2.... I think it might be separation anxiety.. Is there any way to get passed this? The reason I think it might be that is because we always take him for a walk before we leave and he goes outside but once we are gone its like he forces himself to go again inside when hes alone.

this might be a dumb question, but can't you just close the bathroom door?

or will he go anywhere in the house?

I'm a hard ass, so if it were me, my sibe would be in her crate if she did that more than once or twice.

I actually never let her have full run of the house... alone. I dont think she has earned that right. But if that's what you want for your sibe, then possibly baby gates and sectioning off a part of the house specifically for him might be in order. ??