Pulling

Takara

Hey all,

Hope that I have put this in the correct section!

Just some ideas and help really................we are having real trouble with Takara pulling on the lead, she is a little devil! She has come on season, so really has to stay on until finished :( Although in saying this, what a pain in the bum she is on the lead anyway!

She seems to love to be in front, before we start our walk/run/cycle we make her sit and wait by the front door whilst we step out the door (trying to prove to her who is boss!) we try and make her stand near us whilst walking until we are near an open area for her to be let off and do what she does best, run and pounce (she looks gorgeous when she does that!)

Anyway, any advice/help on making her not pull so much would be great, thank you :)

P.S Attaching another picture....I cant help myself! ;-) xx

2009_0803kemble0003.jpg

Aww! Thank you, I am terrible on these forums! and thanks for saying she is gorgeous, as our the pics I can see of yours :) How many do you have?

We use the harness for cycling and a half choke collar for her normal walks. Although to be honest neither of them make a blind bit of difference! Any ideas? :)

I've had a quick read of the thread and there's quite a lot of info in there!. Although we've been walking with the half choker for about 3 months now, she still just wants to pull, even after it has gone tight. We generally keep a shortish leash and some times she is great and walks by our side but most of the time she's trying to pull away. I think we'll give the higher ear position a try and see how that goes......will let you know how we get on :)

Thanks for your help :)