Tail Curl

Lana

I seen several Huskies tail curl and Lana doesn't. I know that Malamutess and Alaskan husky tail curl. I had Lana DNA tested when i first got her to ensure that she was a Purebred. Is this something common for a husky tail not to curl or is there something i should look into deeper. In other words is it alright that hers dont curl. She as her tall alway up in the air and arch over her back a little but never curls.

In other words is it alright that hers dont curl. She as her tall alway up in the air and arch over her back a little but never curls.

A husky's tail should never curl right over. It should be a "graceful sickle" and it sounds like Lana's is exactly as it should be. This is what the breed standard says:

"Tail

Well furred or round fox brush shape set on just below level of topline and usually carried over back in a graceful sickle curve when dog at attention. When carried up, tail should not curl too tightly, nor should it curl to either side of body, or snap flat against back. hair on tail of medium length and approximately same length all round. A trailing tail is normal for dog when working or in repose."

These are photos of acceptable tails:

ScreenShot203.jpg

These show unacceptable tails:

ScreenShot204.jpg

Of course the acceptable/unacceptable thing really relates to the showring, although a tightly curled tail can indicate that the dog isn't constructed well.

Mick