Help !! Husky is losing all of her fur !!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Her age may have something to do with the amount of fur she's blowing, too - at just about a year of age, she's likely losing her initial coat and getting her first real adult coat in. Fish oil might very well be helpful - I usually just give the fish oil capsules, but on another thread, someone had mentioned that salmon oil was the best option...

BTW, WavingWelcome.gif and she's lovely!

Her age may have something to do with the amount of fur she's blowing, too - at just about a year of age, she's likely losing her initial coat and getting her first real adult coat in. Fish oil might very well be helpful - I usually just give the fish oil capsules, but on another thread, someone had mentioned that salmon oil was the best option...

BTW, WavingWelcome.gif and she's lovely!

Just plain fish oil capsules? Like the ones I would take daily?

I saw some of the salmon oil at petsmart. I asked someone if it would help and they told me no since her coat is falling out. Hahaha. Figures.

Thank you. I will try one of them, probably the capsules first and see how she does.

Is it normal for young huskies to shed more when they blow their coat for the first time?

She was lovlier when she had fur. Hehe. Thank you (:

I saw some of the salmon oil at petsmart. I asked someone if it would help and they told me no since her coat is falling out. Hahaha. Figures.

Thank you. I will try one of them, probably the capsules first and see how she does.

Is it normal for young huskies to shed more when they blow their coat for the first time?

She was lovlier when she had fur. Hehe. Thank you (:

Skyla shed about the same out on her first blow BUT that's probably because she's sooo thick coated , I'll add some pics ov her first blow once I get on my laptop

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

She was lovlier when she had fur. Hehe. Thank you :)

Yep - my crew scarf them down like candy when I pass them out! Either oil will help, just not with the coat she has in now. It will help the next coat to come in nicely. Yes, often, but not always - it depends partly on the time of the year and the age of the dog at the time. My boy will be 2 in July, and he lost part of his coat in early summer, but then held on to the rest as he eventually pulled in his winter coat. His guard coat is pretty ugly and in need of a change, right now! She'll get that nice, full fur coat back soon enough - although maybe not until fall!

Yep - my crew scarf them down like candy when I pass them out! Either oil will help, just not with the coat she has in now. It will help the next coat to come in nicely. Yes, often, but not always - it depends partly on the time of the year and the age of the dog at the time. My boy will be 2 in July, and he lost part of his coat in early summer, but then held on to the rest as he eventually pulled in his winter coat. His guard coat is pretty ugly and in need of a change, right now! She'll get that nice, full fur coat back soon enough - although maybe not until fall!

Thank you. I will start her on those tomorrow. I would love to help with her future coat. Her coat now looks, awful! But I love her as much as I did when I saw her with her plush coat. I think I can wait until fall (: thank you for the information and advice !!