how to convert vid file for youtube upload?

i have recorded a vid on my phone but its an MP4 file - which wants to take like 5 hours to upload to youtube

how can i convert the file so it doesnt take days to upload?

and what file do i convert it to - i tried to change it to a .FLV file but that still wanted to take like an hour or so - dont think i converted it right

help!?

320mb

7.19 mins long

That's a very high quality video then :P Transcoding it to other formats isn't going to reduce the filesize that massively. MP4 is usually already good enough. With the program you use, see if you change the bitrate. The video and audio bitrate determine the quality of the video. A lower bitrate = lower quality but also smaller filesize.

You can use many other tricks but bitrate is the easiest.

That's a very high quality video then :P Transcoding it to other formats isn't going to reduce the filesize that massively. MP4 is usually already good enough. With the program you use, see if you change the bitrate. The video and audio bitrate determine the quality of the video. A lower bitrate = lower quality but also smaller filesize.

You can use many other tricks but bitrate is the easiest.

:confused1: erm how do i do that!? lol

is there a programme i can download to help me? lol

also what bitrate size would u recommend i size it down to?

ETA: total bitrate - 6125kbps

Back when I used Windows I always used SUPER for this. Their website is a bit of a mess so here's a link directly to the download file: http://www.erightsoft.info/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe

There's no set bitrate which would be the suitable in any situation. At also depends a lot on everyone's preference (I for example would hate having to shave of any of the quality to save a few minutes in uploading). The best is just to try as much yourself and see how low you can go before the video's quality is too low for your liking :) Note that the bitrate for the video and audio are two separate things you can change. Reducing the resolution and changing the audio to mono are another ways to shave off the MBs.

erm ok ............... i reckon im not gonna get to upload this vid lol

Or... just upload it anyway? :D I often have 1GB video files I need to upload to YouTube. That's the side effect of trying to create videos with the best quality as possible :oops:

But let all the options SUPER has not prevent you from using it. It's really a nifty (and not hard at all) tool for exactly what you want.

Or... just upload it anyway? :D I often have 1GB video files I need to upload to YouTube. That's the side effect of trying to create videos with the best quality as possible :oops:

But let all the options SUPER has not prevent you from using it. It's really a nifty (and not hard at all) tool for exactly what you want.

i tried using that super thing n have no idea what im doing with it :/

It usually takes me hours to upload files of that size...I had to upload a 2 GB file the other day and it took over 12 hours! So don't feel that bad.

Sorry, I've never used 'Super' before.

I think you should upload the video anyways, but set it to upload before you go to bed (or before you go to work or whatever). That way, when you get back or when you wake up in the morning it'll be done uploading. That's what I do.

It usually takes me hours to upload files of that size...I had to upload a 2 GB file the other day and it took over 12 hours! So don't feel that bad.

Sorry, I've never used 'Super' before.

I think you should upload the video anyways, but set it to upload before you go to bed (or before you go to work or whatever). That way, when you get back or when you wake up in the morning it'll be done uploading. That's what I do.

our internet gets switched off at night cuz my lil bros go on their ipods all night otherwise :rolleyes:

n if dad spots my laptop on he will switch it off regardless of what its doing :(