Does anyone own a samoyed?

mitch

I have a 11wk old husky pup and have been asked by a friend to take on a adult Samoyed, that is currently in a bad situation. I hadn't planned for another dog but this loveable gentle boy needs rehoming and asap. He is full pedigree kc reg, unknown age untill I see papers, entire and vac and healthy.

I am taking him out at the weekend and introducing him to the pup.

Anyone have the breed on here? Does anyone have any advice on introducing the dog to my puppy. She is my baby and has a very strong bond...last thing I want is to put her nose out of joint!!!!

I may have to take this boy in and rehome...or if things turn out great he can stay:).

Any advice before I end up making a mistake? There are so many unwanted dogs around, this boy is getting neglected and hurt, and I cant sit back and do nothing.

We are off for a walk and a meet in the park with my friend at the weekend....I am sure the walk will be fine as both are passive, but I dread bringing him home one day to find she is devastated to have to share the house...and my attention...she is a diva when it comes to mummys attention :oops: we are a family of 6, but when I go out of her sight she runs looking for me, and will cry if I go out or upstairs(gate locked) even if she is in a room with my partner and 4 kids :rolleyes:.

I have owned 2 Samoyed's in the past. 1 was as an only dog and the other I rehomed for Saymoyed rescue. The second dog (Troy) joined me after I got Storm. They met each other on neutral grounds, Storm was still a pup (6 months old) when I got Troy and they got along great. I had no problems with any jealousy or fighting at all. He was such a gentle and loving dog.

post-9278-0-14383400-1379369300_thumb.jp

post-9278-0-68843700-1379369303_thumb.jp

post-9278-0-18676000-1379369307_thumb.jp

post-482-13586016191045_thumb.jpg

post-482-13586016215165_thumb.jpg

post-482-13586016219613_thumb.jpg