Dreamweaver 5.5

Rocky0865

hi all, i would love to make a website simialar to facebook or husky-owners the problem is i know only how to make really simple 3 paged websites with kompozer and i heard you can make professional websites with dw 5.5 iv already got the program but i dont understand nothing its not even like kompozer i would really be greatful for anyone who would be willing to help ;)

thanks in advance.:confused1::confused1::confused1:

• 3 weeks later...

hi all, i would love to make a website simialar to facebook or husky-owners the problem is i know only how to make really simple 3 paged websites with kompozer and i heard you can make professional websites with dw 5.5 iv already got the program but i dont understand nothing its not even like kompozer i would really be greatful for anyone who would be willing to help ;)

thanks in advance.:confused1::confused1::confused1:

I don't know if you've look at the Adobe help site, but there are fantastic tutorials including video out there for dreamweaver.

You can't built a highly dynamic site as husky-owners or let alone one as big as Facebook with just Dreamweaver. There's so much more than just the layout you're seeing. If you want to build a big site that actually works a bit decent and fast you'll have to get your hands dirty and start learning the true code behind it and do the most stuff manually. And even then a big site provides so much work to do that it's very impractical when just one person is working on it.

However, there are systems out there that will provide you with an easy way to create a functional site. These are often called Content Managing Systems, or CMS for short. Just to name a few: Joombla, Wordpress (focussed on blogging), and XenForo (what husky-owners is running, with lots of custom made changes on top of it).