My video is taking forever to upload

Tallulah

ive just recorded and video on my camera and have imported it to my computer, but im trying to up load it to my youtube account but its taking ages to upload saying that it will take nearly 2 hours to upload! Where am i going wrong?? is there a way of changing it to a different format so it doesnt take for ever to upload?? i dont upload videos very often!!

How big is the videofile and how long is the video? It's quite normal for me to have an upload time of two hours, sometimes even more. I have videos between 5-10 minutes and all of them are in high quality full HD. If you are willing the sacrifice the video quality there are many things you can do to speed up the uploading. You can for example reduce the video resolution, lower the bitrate, convert the audio to mono and reduce the bitrate there as well. Which one will be the best solution will depend on what kind of video it is and what you use to create it.

My videos would be around 400mb for 2 minutes too if I pull it straight from my camera (the uncompressed videos). I always deinterlace them first and put it in my video editor to edit it all out. Once I render it it's about 50-100MB for a 2 minute video, which is good enough for YouTube.

If it's a full HD camera you have (like me) I wouldn't recommend uploading the files straight to YouTube. It's unnecessarily big and is usually interlaced which will often create weird with fast movement.

Yeah, right now I'm uploading a video that is 1.06GB. It's 11% done, and it has 682 minutes remaining.

That IS slow! My video files are usually between 500MB and 2GB. It usually takes between 2 and 4 hours to do that. I believe you are now able to resume partly uploaded video files by the way? Or at least in Chrome I get that option nowadays.

That IS slow! My video files are usually between 500MB and 2GB. It usually takes between 2 and 4 hours to do that. I believe you are now able to resume partly uploaded video files by the way? Or at least in Chrome I get that option nowadays.

Up to 999 minutes now.

I don't want to decrease the file size by sacrificing quality.