canny collar verses halti

Could it be the Harness hurts him thats why he dont like it or is he just being a fussy git? once its on he is fine just pulls like mad.....

Could The Canny Collar be the answer?? think i might have to get one...

I don;t think the harness would hurt him, it's in his blood to pull with a harness on but not with a collar - having said that, most sibes need to be taught this first lol

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grey goes out with a Harness and he pulls like mad, after a while my arm from the elbow area feels like its going to come away, anyway i took him out last night for his last walk and could not be arsed putting his harness on so just put his old Collar on and i had the best walk ever with him! he did not pull once! as soon as he felt the lead kind of tense he slowed down and walked next to me.

Grey cowers and trys to dodge the Harness when i try to put it on, but Something else i noticed last night was Grey sat there tail wagging and looked so happy when i got the collar out and he let me put it on no probs.....

Could it be the Harness hurts him thats why he dont like it or is he just being a fussy git? once its on he is fine just pulls like mad.....

Could The Canny Collar be the answer?? think i might have to get one...

I wouldn't bother with a head collar if he is doing really well on a flat collar. You could try a limited slip or martingale and see how you go - it sounds like he is doing really well just on a flat collar! :) The thing to remember is that many dogs do find the head collars aversive so you could have the same problem or worse than you do with getting the harness on.

Harnesses often enable pulling as they give you less control and the dog more power to pull.