Brushing husky teeth

We brush Zoya's teeth a couple of times a week. The toothpast is beef flavored, and the brush has two separate sets of bristles, angled toward each other. Hartz Mountain is the brand of both. Don't know if that's available over the pond in the UK or not. I'm sure something similar is though.

I've been told that if you feed BARF (raw) you don't need to bother about brushing. But since I'm not one to feed raw to my dog, brushing the peralies is a normal routine at our house.

We brush Zoya's teeth a couple of times a week. The toothpast is beef flavored, and the brush has two separate sets of bristles, angled toward each other. Hartz Mountain is the brand of both. Don't know if that's available over the pond in the UK or not. I'm sure something similar is though.

I've been told that if you feed BARF (raw) you don't need to bother about brushing. But since I'm not one to feed raw to my dog, brushing the peralies is a normal routine at our house.

Hey ya,

Thanks for your reply to my post. I will have a look on lline and see what I can find, I would like to brush Grey's teeth as I think its important to do so.

Thanks again

Mary & Grey x x x x x

I brush both my dogs' teeth every morning after their breakfast and I spray their teeth every night after their dinner.

In the morning I use a double ended Four Paws brand dog toothbrush. It has a small head on one end and a large head on the other. Since I have a husky and a chihuahua I use the large head for my sibe and turn it around and use the small end for my Chihuahua. I use Petrodex Enzymatic dog toothpaste in whatever flavor it is available to me in the largest size. What's more important to me is that it is an enzymatic toothpaste (which means the enzymes will work to break down the crud on the teeth making brushing more efficient) rather than flavor. They like whatever flavor I bring home, so far it's been Beef and Chicken flavors that I've bought.

At night I spray their teeth with Petzlife Oral Care spray a few hours after their last meal. I'm so happy with the stuff it was worked wonders for my sibe. Since I don't feed raw this stuff is a dream.

That's my daily dental care routine for the dogs, easy and my dogs' teeth are in great shape.

Nina and Shiloh get their teeth brushed every day... I use this one... it's Vanilla/Mint flavored paste... and they love it!...

Enzymatic_Paste_Mint1.jpg

This is the rinse we use every day before bed...

Oral_Hygiene_RinseCombo1.jpg

They love having their teeth brushed and have wonderful breath all the time (great "side-effect"), plus healthy teeth and gums!...

Eventhough Nina and Shiloh are on a raw diet that includes healthy bone-marrow bones, I think it's good to brush their teeth daily (or at least few times a week)!...

Pawhugs!

Those C.E.T. products you use Sandy were highly recommended by my previous vet back when we lived in Washington. I've heard nothing but good things about them and would use them if they weren't so much more expensive than what I use right now. Good products, I know lots of people that use them with excellent results. ;)

I've never brushed my dogs teeth, I give them lots of raw meaty bones as part of their regular diet and this seems to work for them, it's how dogs naturally keep their teeth clean.

Our vet commented on how fantastic Micha's teeth look for a dog whose almost seven years old when he had his check up a couple of weeks ago :)