more from the kellog vet , re entire males

Well, we've got 5 entire males living with 6 unspeyed females, a neutered dog and a neutered bitch and they all get on pretty well together. The boys can get a bit "sharp" when the girls are in season, but little more than "handbags at dawn."

It's really about pack management and what YOU will allow them to get away with.

Mick

the boys play rough , but a sharp no is all it takes to seperate them, they get fed at the same time, they share a water bowl, they share toys , so no problems so far and they both have balls that have dropped lol, was just wondering if this is the calm b4 the storm , like there gonna hit 1 and all hell is gonna break loose?

all my 3 are entrie and are fine. Yes we have the occasional scrap break out which IMO is understandable and mostly its over food and having an unspayed bitch (Red Setter) next door can cause 3 crazy/hyper dogs when she is in season but I have not had any scraps caused over that.

You can have entire makes live together with no problems at all but I will say that you may find as they mature you may get scarps breaking out which may or may not be anything to do with them being entire. The vet can only advise you to have them done, if you are not wanting them done then thats fine but do just keep an eye on them