More raw questions

im feeding raw now but mostly chicken/turkey necks, chicken carcas (spelling bad i know), chicken wings and the odd piece of liver everyweek. with that i have been giving her some raw veggies and fruit blended together with some oil and raw eggs.

the question is i see alot of raw feeders feeding just meat with no bones attached and i have read that all meat given should be a 2:1 or 1:1 meat to bone ratio. how would this work with just feeding meat? i have been limited on what i give her beacause of this. just chewable bones like the wings and necks.. i feel the need to spice it up already im sure i dont have to but it gets boring feeding the same stuff over and over

any help would be sweet

im feeding raw now but mostly chicken/turkey necks, chicken carcas (spelling bad i know), chicken wings and the odd piece of liver everyweek. with that i have been giving her some raw veggies and fruit blended together with some oil and raw eggs.

the question is i see alot of raw feeders feeding just meat with no bones attached and i have read that all meat given should be a 2:1 or 1:1 meat to bone ratio. how would this work with just feeding meat? i have been limited on what i give her beacause of this. just chewable bones like the wings and necks.. i feel the need to spice it up already im sure i dont have to but it gets boring feeding the same stuff over and over

any help would be sweet

The only time I feed meat with no bone is when feed a mixture of mince meat with offal, vegies, fruit, yoghurt, sardines etc - the dogs get it once a week or so. Any other time it's raw meaty bones or fish like sardines or mackeral, sometimes an egg. Chicken and turkey make up the basis of my dog's diet too and the majority of the RMBs they would eat. My dogs love white meat like chicken or turkey so they've not gotten bored yet :D Like you I feed a variety of cuts so chicken necks, frames, wings and turkey necks and wings.

The next most common meat I'd feed is lamb, because it's readily available over here and inexpensive. You feed lamb necks, forequarters, shanks, flaps etc. You could also feed some muscle like brain.

yeah i thought i was alright i have just seen some feeding just bits of meat with no bone and i thought that was a no no.. good to know im on the right track. i can not find lamb over here at all and thats sad. anything and everything i have fed her she eats even raw liver by itself. thanks for the info :D

yeah i thought i was alright i have just seen some feeding just bits of meat with no bone and i thought that was a no no.. good to know im on the right track. i can not find lamb over here at all and thats sad. anything and everything i have fed her she eats even raw liver by itself. thanks for the info :D

Oh you're lucky - my dogs hate offal and I have to mince it up and cover it in other stuff to get them to touch it!

Hmmmm....so I guess my Chewie is not the only one who just doesnt care for Lamb! Good to know.

I always thought that neckbones were dangerous because thats what I was taught...so its also good to know that it is ok to give him those parts.

Thanks for the question and the posts. Very helpful.