video file conversion

The .ts.readnfo is a text 'info' file. It is not the video. Take a look on the USB drive, there should be some other files there. I suggest using Digital Media Converter Pro - http://www.deskshare.com/audio-video-converter.aspx - and running the 'Find Media' on your USB drive. It will find all the files and let you select what you want to convert.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See what your all failing on is trying to find out what the hive-cm8 extention is. That file I can almost guarentee has an .avi extention which is recognised by windows and by default windows does not show recognised extentions.

Nix I would check if your using the latest windows media player. cm8 encoding is fairly new and is an HD format for avi, however still an avi. Must admit Im very supprised that VLC player doesnt play it though

Use GOM free player, or convert them with this tool, go here : http://handbrake.fr/

I just love free tools they do what is written, unlike some paid solutions. What could help, if it is some weird format, but from file name i see it should contain xvid video with ac3 sound filtering. First try GOM, then handbrake to convert, that must work, if not... I got something else.