FAO Jos

Marc

Was easy to set up once I was using software with a GNOME base. I've had a dual screen setup for years now as I find it invaluable when coding specifically. Gonna have a play with it for a few weeks anyways. First thing I need to do is get my soundcard working then I recon Im pretty much all there.

Gotta say its not as smooth as windows 7 but better than XP .... A bit of an in between for me I think. Will still end up reverting to W7 for a lot of things because of coding for the .NET framework, but for playin around on its a good operating system for the price ......... FREE :D lol

Although "free" isn't the reason the primary reason I use Linux, it's still great to be able to install it everywhere. I have it on my computer, my tablet, on the computer downstairs, the laptop, de eee-pc and two servers. All happily working. I used to have a dual boot with Windows as well but found using Linux more and more to a point I didn't use Windows at all anymore. I don't even have switch back to windows for the games any more. I've been running windows-only stuff like Half Life 2, Garry's Mod, Portal etc all fine in Linux with a trick :)

About my server, see what I just found out!

$ uptime

23:57:40 up 365 days, 11:17, 1 user, load average: 0.10, 0.07, 0.04

Yes, that is right. One of our servers has been on for a full year without a SINGLE reboot! :D :D

i dont have any smart operating system other than vista home premium and i run 2 screens smoothly

Unfortunatly its about the only thing Vista can do smoothly LOL