White flaky skin? all help gratefully received

Hi all,

Last few time I've been grooming nix there has been some white flaky skin coming off.

it's not sore, hot, red, no lumps and doesn't seem to bother her.

Its just on the inside of one back leg and tummy and looks a little like mild cradle cap.

Is it just that she needs some more Zinc in her diet?

Is it a normal thing for huskies?

Any other advice always gratefully received

oh sorry nix lol. she had a bath when she first came to us as she was a mess, she stank and had matts all over her and i noticed some flaky skin on her back but that seems to have gone now but since she was spayed this patch on her tummy and leg has appeared

Maybe it's just dandruff. Have you given her a bath recently? Sometimes dog shampoos cause flaky skin. This is the first thing I would look at.

I also think you should discuss any worries you have over her diet (as in does it have enough minerals, vitamins etc) with your vet. You could also try giving her a supplement for skin, not Zinc specifically, but maybe the flaky skin will improve.

It could also be just allergies, unfortunately, this is really difficult to diagnose so it's really hard to tell, You could try to have her on anithistamines for a few day and see if it goes away (that's what our vet did when we suspected out dog of allergies), but it doesn't seem that the flaky skin is that big of an issue so probably it's not worth putting her on meds just to check this,

http://www.peteducat...=2+2111&aid=427

Good luck with it!