keeping the old boys teeth clean + fatty lump?

Noticed Bings teeth are getting quite bad - plaque and 1 of them seems to have chipped? (not causing him ANY pain what so ever) and his breath is getting quite wiffy

not sure how old he is but he is roughly around 12/13 - would say nearer the 13 mark tbh - he was around 3 years old when we got him and weve owned him for about 8 and a half years now so im gonna go with not long ago turned about 13 year old - or he is very close to that age

anyway he overly keen with me messing around with his mouth so i cant brush his teeth, he wont touch carrots, and he cant eat bones as they make him throw up - not sure about dentistix cuz i dont wanna pay ALOT of money if he wont touch them

any ideas about something else he can have OR does any1 know of any cheap versions of denta-stix that actually work? thanks

can get pics of his teeth if u need me too

ALSO he has this big lump thing on his gums - he has 1 either side but 1 is just like a small spot the other is huge - it doesnt hurt him its not all red and inflamed and it doesnt bother him in the slightest - it just looks unpleasent to me lol - he has always had it BUT i just kindda forgot about it till i had a look at his teeth yesterday - i forgot about it cuz like i said it doesnt bother him or anything - also the vets never said anything about it when he last went for a check up - should i just keep an eye on it??

can also get pics of this if needed - tho bings wont thank me for it lol

guess im just worrying about him cuz he is getting older now

At this age Nix, if there's damage to his teeth, theres not a lot you can do other than looking at getting him a dental (which may be difficult for him to take the G.A. at this age, but some turn out fine) and doing daily hygiene like brushing with him.

As for the lump, it could be some sort of gum disease that needs looking at. Best thing I can think of saying is get his teeth checked out and see what they say.

Stacey xxx