credit crunch

Sarah

* What's the capital of Iceland ? - About 3.50

* How do you define optimism? A banker who irons five shirts on a Sunday

* Why have estate agents stopped looking out of the window in the morning? Because otherwise they'd have nothing to do in the afternoon

*What's the difference between an investment banker and a large pizza? The pizza can still feed a family of four.

*As a surprise, a chief exec's wife pops by his office. She finds him in an unorthodox position, with his secretary sitting in his lap. Without hesitation, he starts dictating: '. . . and in conclusion, gentlemen, credit crunch or no credit crunch, I cannot continue to operate this office with just one chair

Q What's the difference between a merchant bank and Katie Price?

A: Both are institutions whose reputation is built on assets that, on closer inspection, turn out to be entirely artificial, vastly over-inflated and in danger of going through the floor at any moment. But at least Katie Price is still worth something.

What's the difference between an investment banker and a pigeon?

The pigeon is still capable of leaving a deposit on a new Ferrari.

Gordon Brown, Alistair Darling and Peter Mandelson are flying to a world economic summit. Peter looks at Alistair and chuckles: 'You know, I could throw a 50 note out of the window right now and make one person very happy.' Alistair shrugs his shoulders and says: 'Well, I could throw five 10 notes out of the window and make five people very happy.' Gordon says: 'Of course, but I could throw ten 5 notes out of the window and make ten people very happy.' The pilot rolls his eyes, looks at all of them, and says: 'I could throw all of you out of the window and make the whole country happy.'