Mucus in stools?

You can order preventive for heartworm any number of places, like 1-800-PetMeds, but most places want you to have the dog tested first. You could also try one of the vet tech training schools (like Globe College) as they do the testing, vaccinations and prescribe meds also at a reduced price or free. It's what most of the rescue organizations use!B)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can order preventive for heartworm any number of places, like 1-800-PetMeds, but most places want you to have the dog tested first. You could also try one of the vet tech training schools (like Globe College) as they do the testing, vaccinations and prescribe meds also at a reduced price or free. It's what most of the rescue organizations use!B)

I pmed some of that info to Graphitezor, instead of posting due to the fact, new members come on all the time, and we wouldn't want them to go to a place like that and order pills/drugs/meds for their furbaby that may not be the best for them w/out their vets advice that knows all the health issues with that doggie

if there is mucus in the stool i'd have him checked for coccidia. this can be a fatal parasite if not taken care of. Pongo had this and we got medication for him. But switching food will help with the runny stools as well. Pongo had HORRIBLE diarrhea when he was a puppy and he was on Iams but switching to Wellness food helped and switching to Taste of the Wild was even better. but my guess is since he does have mucus present that this is what it might be. better check with the vet. here is a link about it http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2102&aid=727

I hope your puppy is feeling better!