Puppy won't eat!

I forgot to add about local pet shops, they sell frozen blocks of raw meat for about 85p per block, mine sells:

tripe

tripe and chicken

rabbit

lamb

and

chicken

There really conveaniant and already come in portion size, alaska will eat about two tripe blocks a day or 1 1/2, you just defrost them overnight and are ready to feed after a first morning walk:D they are really good for them and have all of the good essential fat, works great for bulking up lean pups/dogs.

I'll give this to alaska about 3 days a week:

1 tripe block

a handfull of plain corn flakes

a small handful of james wellbeloved junoir

a drzzel of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil

and twice a wee MAX i'll crack an egg over it

mix this all together and you have a highly desirable meal for your sibe

<<< i add the dry food and cereal to add as a mixer, tripe on it's own can be a bit rich >> i think mine also sell a huge bag of trip and chicken. you can also add some boiled veggies and crush them up to get that nutritional goodness:p

If im feeding alaska tripe >> i'll only give her 5 - 6 mins, then i'll take it away and wont give it to her again until the next meal time >> which is a good few hours later

Balto >> who eats kibble, i'll give onyl 5 mins and he'll always eat it under 5 mins.

however if alaska is eating bones like lamb neck of shanks i'll give her a good 10mins as these take a while to devour,>> she eats chicken wings in minutes though lol

We got alaska first and i used to spoil her rotten, i'd give her some of my food, stuff her up with treats, then when she wouldn't eat her dry food i would go and buy her wet food... i believe a sibes fav game is to pretend to starve themselves to see if their owners will come up with something better lol >> remember the chukchi's bred them to run for miles on little to no food for days!!

when i finally said enough is enough, i put down the bowl of kibble and she didn't touch it! some people say still leave it down for 5 mins but i say: why insult their intelligence >> she's not going to eat...i give them 1 minute and then take it away...however if their eating..give then 5!!

shes didn't eat for 3 days and i didn't give her a crum from my plate nor did i give her any treats..all she had was water..and on the fourth day she wolfed it down...now after evey meal i'll give a small chew treat like dryed beef of a tripe stick...sometimes alaska will eat 2 blocks a day and sometimes she'll only eat one and im not worried because clearly she is just not hungry for 2...so try not to worry!

stick to your guns and be firm>> you dont wan t a fussy sibe for life!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feed fish too, Ice and Cripton.

Tonight the dogs had some mackeral (which they go wild for) and they also get sardines regularly.

When I feed vegies and fruit I don't boil them but I pop them in the blender or puree them and mix them with some mince :D

Brilliant posts Ice and Cripton - added to rep

I haven't tried any raw fish with my boys yet but they have had the tinned Tuna chunks before and loved it. I am hoping to get some raw fish soon to try with them such as mackeral, salmon, tuna, cod, haddock, etc - Im quite sure they will like it as they are always to eat my meal if I have fish!

I tried giving the dogs raw salmon heads not that long ago!

Appetising little buggers LOL

IMG_1276.jpg

Micha looking at me waiting for the ok to eat the yummy fish head :D

IMG_1278.jpg

Hmmm... what's this?

IMG_1279-1.jpg

The dogs loved them but did struggle to eat the head, I was so disappointed! :( They ate all the meat out of it and the spine but found the head too tough, and were a bit perplexed as to how to eat it!

awwww, bless. Micha looks like he liked the salmon :) shame they didnt have the head, at least they ate the rest though.

I think I was more disappointed then they were hehe.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww ewwwwwwwwwwwww and ewwwwwwwwww readin this while half asleep, that pic just scared the living daylights out of me , eeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

LOL sorry DnT :P

I tried giving the dogs raw salmon heads not that long ago!

The dogs loved them but did struggle to eat the head, I was so disappointed! :( They ate all the meat out of it and the spine but found the head too tough, and were a bit perplexed as to how to eat it!

wow...looks yummy lol , cant wait to feed raw fish..and they got on well with those small bones in the fish??

your boy is huge lol...or is it just fluff!!

• 7 months later...

nooks was a runny pup to no matter what I gave her sometimes she still has a bout of runs but she is fit and healthy so I dont worry too much about her I think she has a sensative stomache she loves rice but it dont like her she gets runs so hopefully your pup is just a little sensative on foods hopefully will be normal in nop time tc husky hugs from nooks x

my dogs eat raw sardines as a treat, i just de head them then there is not normally anything left at all, they dont seem to bother with small fish bones, although have to say sardines have very small bones compared to some other fish

never heard of rice giving a dog runs before..its what i normally feed mine to stop the runs...lol