War Horse

It was my my fiance's 30th birthday on Friday so I thought as it was the big three o i wanted to do something a bit more special...so I bought tickets to War Horse in London as he had been saying he wanted to see it.

Anyway we went yesterday,had a wonder around Covent Garden in the morning and then the show in the afternoon...it was AMAZING!!

It is based on a true story about the horses that went to war in world war I,in particular a horse called Joey. I won't tell you anymore cause that would give away the storyline!

The horses were made out of a really well constructed bamboo type framework and were operated by people inside them,intially it seems a bit strange but you get so into the play you forget about the people doing the operating. There is so much detail in it and they even move the horses ears individually and the tail swishes!

As well as being about the horses it is also a great story about the war along with a few funny elements, I would highly recommend to anyone.

I even shed a few tears at the end :blushed:

Here is the link that includes a short trailer for anyone interested

http://www.new-london-theatre.com/?gclid=CKbWtY68qaMCFQz-2AodpAkF4w