Constantly biting

Hi I am looking for some advice, loki is 6 months old he constantly bites us he is a big sook at times but when the kids are petting him he will start biting and even when they are playing or running he runs after them and grabs their arm. It is getting very worrying at times even with me he does it. He has loads of toys and when he does it I show him his toy but he still does it. Will he grow out of this I keep sayin its puppy biting which I hope it is. Its just the biting is really sore that u can see the piercing of his teeth.

other people here will be able to give alot more advise, my puppy is 4 months old. If he bites we go "owww" really load and say "no". If he gets really bad

we shut him away from us for 5 min, once he keep doing it and i had to keep putting him out. He sooned learned and seems ok now

Ok well when you say the kids pet him and he bites them if he was nipping them its to say he doesn't want to be stroked if it was an actual bite i would be very different even at his age if he wanted to bite properly he would draw blood so i dont think it's an act of aggression. Look for a few things such as

*does he bite/nip when stroked in certain places

*are there any red inflamations on the skin or rashes etc.(sore points that make him react) as some sibes over time develop a zinc deficiency and that can be a cause

*There are a few reasons that may cause sore spots

*Heat does drain them very quickly so if laying down in cool areas best to leave him be

No all sibes like attention unless it suits them.

Although he is young tr to avoid all the aww type soppy talk they do pick up on it. Try not to hype him up when u want him to play you can play calmly if it makes sense.

When im running about sakari tries to bite/nip my hands while running around me this is not to hurt but a way to join in. But you have to teach him how hoard he can do this when he bites/nips an it startes to hurt don't just shout no try letting out a different noise that will tell him it hurts. This is how they learn in their pack from young ages the dogs yelp alerting the rest that it hurt. This would be my starting point as i am also doing it now with my puppy they pick up quiet fast. Hope some of that may help

Also what is his exercise routine and whats he like with you around food for example can you take it off him with no problems half way through.

Hi Annie - how old are your kids? Are they old enough to learn how to go OWW!!!! really round and give a NO!!!! i normally push my hand back into a pups mouth when it does this to me so THEY have to back away not the other way round but not really something i'd recommend on YOUNG kids x

other people here will be able to give alot more advise, my puppy is 4 months old. If he bites we go "owww" really load and say "no". If he gets really bad

we shut him away from us for 5 min, once he keep doing it and i had to keep putting him out. He sooned learned and seems ok now

This is how I done it with Willow she soon got message to. Also when she starts running at you stop and look straight at him with a firm NO and walk away. Willow was awfull getting the back of my leg,

Hi Annie - how old are your kids? Are they old enough to learn how to go OWW!!!! really round and give a NO!!!! i normally push my hand back into a pups mouth when it does this to me so THEY have to back away not the other way round but not really something i'd recommend on YOUNG kids x

They are 14 and 5 I have tried that OWWW an shouted no then ignore him then he starts barking at you. He is really rough. He will come up on the couch lie beside my oldest then he wil stroke him then loki will turn an start to bite like in a puppy way but he gets sore with him.

My youngest could be running and he will run after him and grab his arm. I am probably just worrying over nothing. Time will tell i suppose dont want him to be a biter thats why i have come on here to see what yous think.

They are 14 and 5 I have tried that OWWW an shouted no then ignore him then he starts barking at you. He is really rough. He will come up on the couch lie beside my oldest then he wil stroke him then loki will turn an start to bite like in a puppy way but he gets sore with him.

My youngest could be running and he will run after him and grab his arm. I am probably just worrying over nothing. Time will tell i suppose dont want him to be a biter thats why i have come on here to see what yous think.

Well you're 1st task is to make the sofa a no go zone for him then have him realise that his actions have cost him so you are taking controll set him bounderies and dont let any one let him up on different situations as it will send mixed signals this is my opinion only of course. Sure you wont have anything to worrie about and i can't help but laugh at verbal abuse my dogs give me but should try not to laugh. this is my down fall lol