my husky refuses to go for a walk from my house

My husky has recently started refusing to go out for a walk from my house - we can get her outside and onto the green area then she just tries to back out of her harness or lays down.

She got frightened by the fireworks and then she got over it but now we seem to be back to square one. She will go in the car and go elsewhere but still seems to be scared of loud bangs - people slamming their doors etc.

I don't know what to try and was hoping someone might be able to give me some ideas.

Thanks

Sharon 

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-19 at 10.44.45_b70208f3.jpg

gentle training with rewards a little bit at the time…just not forcing it otherwise you will be further from home…is my advice… fireworks were one of ours biggest problem and could not get him to go out for a while after but gentle relaxed training helped and would have to be done every time after fireworks had been set off….

Thanks for replying - we keep trying with good treats - sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. My daughter sometimes brings her husky and she will generally follow him - but she still stops sometimes. we'll just have to keep trying.

She will go out no problem from my daughters house - it's just ours....

it will be yours that is where the trauma is / has been…  fireworks can do more harm then some people think...

keep it up and hope for the best…what worked with us is a special treat only used for this and nothing else...

Afraid I can only repeat  Robke  -  patience and persistence  -  even to the point of just having her sitting/playing in the front garden with you,  and possibly only going further with your daughter's dog as moral support  for a couple of weeks.