Crate training at 1?

Hello everyone, 

I have 2 husky siblings they turned 1 in August, they both attend training separately and although they both smash it when we are there as soon as we leave the house Storm our male husky is a nightmare! He has MANY distractions and things to keep him occupied which lasts his sister a long time, but he will get through everything quickly. He has learnt in the last week how to open our washing machine, microwave, fridge/freezer and one of our cupboards! Which all need fixing or replacing as the seals have been eaten and can’t close! Our kitchen has been destroyed during 2 outings.
But my main concern is that he’s going to get hurt. 

We have had many suggestions to crate train him. 
where do I begin?! Is it too late? I have our trainer coming over but he can’t until the 12th and I don’t want to wait another week! 

I am at home almost all the time so it’s never been like this, but now I can’t even go to get our shopping without him starting within 10 minutes (we have a camera on them) and I want to be able to live in our home properly again! 

Any help on this matter is very much appreciated! :) 

never to old to learn, just make sure it is a happy place for him to be in so that he does not see it as a punishment… you can for example use an old t-shirt from you in there toys in there and maybe even a kong to eat from.. start with the door open and use the toys to get him in there to sleep or just rest slowly make it longer and longer, and just remember it is not the fix to fix everything, and never ever make it punishment you will bring on a load more problems...

some dogs love it when it is a den so cover it with blankets or towels…out Alpha used to love it at the campsite as a den so that nobody could see him and he would just peacefully sleep and rest….

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with Robke,  never too late , my girl went through a chewing destructive phase at around the same age and we crate trained her , like urs she had other dogs to play with and plenty of exercise and things to keep her busy , she took to it pretty quickly and it soon became her safe space and part of her routine , just remember to take off his collar when he's in there , once my girl got passed her teenage stage she stopped the chewing too and we no longer had to crate her but she still used it as her den/bed