Dementia in sibes?

My baby Lobo is 13/14ish this year and is slowly starting a mental decline. He's forgotten potty training and will only go in one spot in the apartment, absolutely REFUSES to pee/mark or poo outside unless he cant hold it and the poo comes out. He's forgotten his basic commands "sit, shake, lay" and sometimes seems to not remember his name. Has anyone experienced a cognitive decline in their baby? If so, what did you do to help it? He's currently taking some "cognition bites" we ordered off Amazon and Chewy. 

My old boy was a Utonagan  (related breed) and he developed doggie dementia.   Vet could do nothing so I started researching and used a few herbal treatments  - cannot remember them all now  but I know gotu kola was one,Ginseng, and another I believe was bacopa.

My boy was incontinent, getting stuck in corners, having accidents, standing at the hinge side of doors etc.    After  around 2/3 months he was no longer getting stuck in corners but could work his way out of them again,  but always stood at the wrong side of the door.   He became more responsive to us -  I believe we got him back around 40-50%.

He lived another 12 months before dying of bone cancer at 15 years old  (PTS a week after diagnosis).        Look at a site called Annies Remedies on the internet - you can read up on the herbs there.    Remember that any doseages will be for a 150 pound human and alter the amounts to your dog's weight.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, wolfpup said:

My boy was incontinent, getting stuck in corners, having accidents, standing at the hinge side of doors etc.    After  around 2/3 months he was no longer getting stuck in corners but could work his way out of them again,  but always stood at the wrong side of the door.   He became more responsive to us -  I believe we got him back around 40-50%.

That's exactly what's happening with Lobo. He gets stuck in corners and we have to make sure closets are kept shut so he doesn't lock himself in. I'll def look into Annies Remedies thank you so much

15 hours ago, xLOBOx said:

That's exactly what's happening with Lobo. He gets stuck in corners and we have to make sure closets are kept shut so he doesn't lock himself in. I'll def look into Annies Remedies thank you so much

Also  give him some astaxanthin